Thursday, October 10, 2013

My small moment

Basketball Bash


I won the tip and passed it to the point guard. i thought it was a good sign. I posted up and called for the ball. They didn't pass it to me. I was at least 4 inches taller and I could shoot over him. Instead he drove and missed. They got the rebound drove and took a free through and banked it. Unsure what to do next our point guard drive and took is corner three and swished it. We were winning 3-2. I high fived him and shouted "this is OUR time".

Next they took a three and made it, back down by two. 2 minutes left it was our ball. They finally passed it to me and I drove for a open layup. It was tied again. With little seconds left he drove for a layup fell down and hit it. We were losing by two in the start of the quarter. In the next quarter we were even more hyped that we could bring our center in, The biggest guy in the league. I leaned in and told him "don't hold back, even if were up by fifty, we have to show them we were meant to be here.

They had the ball looked for a shot drove and with great defense from our center missed. I thought to myself there will be no stopping us. I slowly took the ball up court and instantly knew where to pass, in the post. With our center 5'7 and there's nearly 5'0. He shot got fouled and still made the shot. I thought to myself that we were going to win with this center. Making the free throw we were back up by one! I high fived him and now we were more ready than ever. But we weren't paying attention and there team shot a wide open three and banked it. We were back down by 2 with 2 min remaining. It was my turn. I let him bring the ball up court set the pick and pop play and was wide open for the easy 2. I swooshed and walked back in pride. I thought that i was like MJ, unstoppable.

Tied once more they threw up a hesitation three and almost made it, but we had good enough D that we got fouled on the fast break and we made 1 out of two free throw shots. yelled "lets go", We were up by one with 2 minutes left we thought we made it to the finals but we didn't.

They dribbled up court and i was there for the charge. He fell on top of me and they called a foul on ME! I complained to the ref until i got a warning. And focused on the game. They got the ball took a three and made it. The crowd erupted like lava and it was the final possession. I called timeout and the ref didn't let me. I yelled it again "TIMEOUT". They didn't let me. And as i was yelling at the ref we shot and air-balled the 3. I was mad because they ref didn't let me call my timeout because we couldn't win, but overall I had tons of fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment