Friday, October 25, 2013

My small moment

it was the playoffs at my summer camp. We were ready to take on our rivals. We were planning to keep our center the whole game not knowing that we would have to sub him out next game if we won. We all huddled in talking turns talking. I said "were going to win this right". I shouted. They all responded with "Yea". We controlled the tip off. I took the ball up court and looked for the open man.


I decided to pass to our center that shot and missed. I grabbed the rebound and put it back up. I walked back after hearing the crowd cheer. We were not paying attention and there point guard drove for two easy points. Then point guard for our team drove and took his signature corner deep two. He made it and we were back up 4 to 2. I was so exited.


They passed the ball around a lot but then finally looking for the open man who missed. Getting the rebound i passed it to our center that shot and got fouled. Making both shots we were up 6-2. Another bad shot by the other team led to two easy points by me. 8-2 with 2 min left.


Anxious he threw up a three and bricked it. We controlled the board and slowly took it up court. We passed to our center again who got fouled. He made both shots with 30 seconds left. We were winning 10 to 2. No chance of comeback. When the final buzzer sounded we won and advanced to the next round of the playoffs.


In the next round we were playing the overall first place seed. We were all ready to take them on. But we had one problem. We couldn't keep our center in. I had to play center. That didn't matter too much because I was used to playing center for half the season because we didn't have him until later and I was experienced

No comments:

Post a Comment